Middle Tennessee Alumni Association
P.O. Box 293234
Nashville, TN 37229
Jewel Hull Scholarship
Alcorn State University Alumni Association of Middle TN
JEWEL HULL SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
The Middle TN Alumni will award a limited number of scholarships, based on the availability of institutional and private funds, to academically meritorious or needy students. The scholarship totals $1000.00 per academic year (Sept.-May), $500.00 when awarded by semester.
Institutional scholarships are provided to assist academically-deserving students; however, students with demonstrated need will also be considered. All scholarships and other financial aid already awarded will be taken into consideration when determining eligibility.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Recipients of the institutional scholarship are required to:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student aid for need-based consideration.
- Be enrolling as a first time student at Alcorn State University.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree.
- Enroll as a full-time student for both fall and spring semesters.
- Have and maintain academic progress and a satisfactory GPA of 2.50-4.00.
- Maintain satisfactory behavior during school term according to Alcorn's disciplinary policy.
- U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Complete and submit a Scholarship Application along:
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- One page essay about yourself explaining why obtaining your education is important to you.
- Two letters of recommendation (non-family member).
- A non-returnable photo.
- SELECTION RECIPIENTS
Selections will be based on student's overall academic progress, financial need, extracurricular activities, leadership roles/skills, and participation in community services.
- NOTICE OF AWARDS
Students will be notified by letter of scholarship award or denial. Specific details outlining time, date and/or recognition of award will be included the letter.
- RENEWAL OF SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship is not renewable.
- REVOCATION OF AID
The Middle TN Alumni reserves the right to cancel any scholarship or aid awarded at any time if the applicant fails to meet the standards of academic progress, other scholarship requirements, or falsifies information reported.